City parks throughout Indiana will continue to receive catchable-size channel catfish stockings through early June.
The DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife stocks catchable-size catfish as part of its Go FishIN in the City program. Each spring, select urban fisheries are stocked monthly from April to June.
When the final stockings of the season are completed around June 1, 1,000 fish will have been stocked in urban areas around the state.
The goal of the Go FishIN in the City program is to give families and novice anglers a convenient setting near home to hone their angling skills. The program also introduces kids and new anglers to outdoor recreation. Locations are chosen with amenities such as easy parking, restrooms, and shore fishing locations.
The locations and final stocking numbers for June include:
• Garvin Park Lake (Evansville) 100
• Diamond Valley Park Pond (Evansville) 113
• Dobbs Park Pond (Terre Haute) 100
• Krannert Park Lake (Indianapolis Parks) 112
• Washington Twp. Park Pond 2 (Avon) 50
• Riverside Park Pond (Indianapolis Parks) 100
• Meadowlark Pond (Carmel) 50
• Munger Park Pond (Lafayette) 75
• Robinson Lake (Hobart) 150
• Lakeside Park (Ft. Wayne) 150
More information about the Go FishIN in the City program can be found at wildlife.IN.gov/7508.htm