Brightpoint’s Summer Cooling Program began June 18 and runs through August 24. The Summer Cooling program provides families who were approved for the heating assistance program, during this past season, a $210 credit automatically applied to their electric bill.
Summer Cooling assistance is not an emergency program and cannot be used to resolve accounts with a disconnect notice.
Applications for households that did not receive heating assistance between November 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018 may apply for assistance between June 18 and August 24.
To be eligible the household must be at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines. The maximum yearly income allowed is:
- One-person household – No more than $18,090 annually
- Two-person household – No more than $24,360 annually
- Three-person household – No more than $30,630 annually
- Four-person household – No more than $36,900 annually
- Add $6,270 for each additional family member
Those who think they may qualify can call Brightpoint’s 24/7 dedicated appointment line at (800) 589-2264 or 211 or visit www.mybrightpoint.org/schedule to schedule an appointment.