The Downtown Improvement District is pleased to announce the start of a new events contest which invites businesses, organizations, and individuals to submit their best ideas for new events in February, March, or April 2016 for a chance to receive significant production support. “The intent of this new contest is to encourage year-round usage and engagement Downtown by offering an incentive for event production during classically less active months,” said Downtown Improvement District President Bill Brown. “Through strategic support we hope to empower our community and create fun new opportunities with an emphasis on outside-of-the-box events that will contribute to the vibrancy of Downtown Fort Wayne.”
Contest rules are as follows:
1) Completed applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Friday, November 13th, 2015.
2) Applications must be entirely complete. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified with no exceptions.
3) The event must take place entirely within the Downtown Improvement District boundaries defined by the expanded 99 blocks as of January 1, 2016. (See Map)
4) The choice of vendors used for the event is at the discretion of the event planner, but at least 50% of the event vendors must be located within the District as defined by the 99 blocks. (See Map) This may include, but is not limited to: food, security, graphic design, web design, printing, installations, décor, venues, performers, and logistical needs.
5) The Downtown Improvement District will provide event mentoring to the winning events not to exceed 1 hour per week for the months prior to the event date. This mentoring will be provided primarily by the Downtown Improvement District’s Events Manager, but may include other staff as necessary at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District President.
6) A brief event report must be submitted each month for the months leading up to the event due on the first day of the month. For example, a March event winner must submit their report on January 1st, February 1st, and March 1st. The format of this report is at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District, but will be brief.
7) The Downtown Improvement District must be considered a top-level sponsor on any winning event. Sponsorship benefits must include logo inclusion on all marketing materials, inclusion in press/media materials, and any and all other applicable sponsor benefits.
Downtown Events Contest
Applications accepted, October 14 – November 13, 2015
For information and a downloadable application, visit: www.DowntownFortWayne.com/New-Events/