As the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department continues to celebrate the first year of Promenade Park, several awards have recognized the park over the past 12+ months.
- 2019 Project of the Year by Fort Wayne Magazine. Promenade Park is the first local development to receive this distinction.
- 2020 Excellence in Construction award from the BCA (Building Contractors Association of Northeast Indiana) New Construction – Over $6 million
- ASLA STL (American Society of Landscape Architects St. Louis) – Merit Award (2020) Design – Constructed Projects, Over $500,000 Construction Budget
- ASLA IL (American Society of Landscape Architects Illinois) – Merit Award (2020) General Design – Constructed Projects
- ASLA (American Society of Landscape Architects) Central States – Award of Excellence (2020) // (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota) Design (Built) *Awarded to only one (1) project
- INASLA (Indiana American Society of Landscape Architects) – Award of Excellence (2020) Design – Constructed Projects, Over $500,000 Construction Budget * Awarded to only one (1) project
- Indiana ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) 2020 Engineering Excellence Honor Award
- Honorable Mention in Cities category for Fast Company’s 2020 Innovation by Design Award
“Promenade Park has become a focal point as a world-class amenity for residents and visitors to enjoy,” said Mayor Tom Henry. “The public and private sectors came together to build a tremendous park that provides our community and region with a unique gathering place that also serves as the launch for future riverfront development efforts and additional quality of place opportunities. Promenade Park is helping us turn our three rivers into a destination place for recreation, arts, and cultural activities.”
Parks and Recreation Director Steve McDaniel added, “I would like to thank our Parks and Recreation staff, our design team, Riverworks Design Group, and construction manager, Hagerman Group for their vision, professionalism and commitment to making Promenade Park a world-class neighborhood park and destination. Without the support of Mayor Tom Henry, City Council and all of our generous funders, this accomplishment and these accolades would not have been possible.”