Staff and visitor health and safety is very important to us; we have implemented a variety of precautions for everyone’s protection. We will be adhering to CDC recommended social distancing and minimizing the number of people in the building at any one time, staff will be required to wear masks, extensive cleaning schedules will be put in place (including closing for one hour per day to deep clean), and some high-touch exhibits will be closed until further notice.
• Weekly Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday: 10 AM – 5 PM; Sunday Noon – 5 PM; closed Monday and Tuesday. We will close for a cleaning break from 1 – 2 PM daily, except for Sunday. Visitors will exit the building for this hour.
• Extra cleaning by staff will occur throughout the day. Restrooms and high touch areas will be cleaned several times a day.
• Staff will be required to wear face coverings and we recommend visitors wear face coverings.
• Admission numbers will be limited to help with social distancing
• Traffic will be largely one-way within the facility. We ask that everyone maintain social distancing.
• Temporarily closed exhibits: Kids Central, Bike, Slide, Confusion Illusion Room, Tornado Simulator, Photo Booth, Cafeteria, Swap Shop and animal interaction.
• We will re-evaluate our operations in relation to Indiana’s Stage 5 recommendations for July onward, and post those as they become known.
Learn more about staying safe and healthy at cdc.gov/covid19