Five great groups will kick up the heat each Wednesday evening in July during Summer Nights at the Embassy.
Doors open at 5 p.m. Food is available for purchase along with a cash bar. Tickets are $5 at the STAR Bank box office at the Embassy, plus applicable fees via Ticketmaster.com and 800.745.3000. Sponsors include Barnes & Thornburg, First Federal Bank, Fort Financial Credit Union and Lincoln Financial Group. Additional support provided by Mad Anthony Brewing.
• July 3: New to town is singer/songwriter Olivia Morris. Food by Ziffles.
• July 10: The Todd Harrold Band will play classic soul, rock, blues and jazz, featuring Harrold on drums/vocals, Eric Clancy on keyboards and Bob Bailey on guitar. Food by Shigs in Pit.
• July 17: New to the Fort Wayne music scene is Evon Sams Trio featuring straight-ahead jazz standards with some original charts. Sams is a multi-instrumentalist, producer, teacher and artist from Rockford Ill. Food is by Ziffles.
• July 24: Dan Smyth is a local soloist who will cover rock classics. Dan also is part of The Legendary Trainhoppers. Food is by Club Soda.
• July 31: Another local favorite is folk rock singer/guitarist Sunny Taylor. Food is by Shigs in Pit.
Each night is designed to be a relaxing chance to savor entertainment in the Embassy’s two-level Yergens Rogers Foundation Ballroom and enjoy Fort Wayne’s skyline from the Parkview Health Rooftop Patio.
About the Embassy Theatre
Built in 1928, the historic Embassy Theatre features national productions from the Broadway stage, concerts of all musical formats, cinema, educational programming and a continued commitment to young people. For more information, visit www.fwembassytheatre.org