10 Reasons Why You Should Volunteer for NeighborLink’s 3rd Annual Be A Good Neighbor Week
1. You want to be a good neighbor.
2. You want to give back, but don’t know how or where to start.
3. You think the work NeighborLink does is awesome.
4. You and/ or your group have been talking about volunteering for far too long.
5. Are looking for an easy volunteering experience.
6. Want to be outside while doing good for the community.
7. Want to give “sunshine” to someone’s life.
8. You like helping others.
9. You’d like to make new friends who also care about the community.
10. You love the color “Fire-hydrant Yellow” (and painting fire hydrants has always been on your bucket list).
NeighborLink invites the community to join them on July 8-13th for Be A Good Neighbor Week where you will get to spend time connecting to the community and serve your neighbors.
Participate in one project or multiple, the choice is yours.
• All projects will be outdoor projects such as painting, yardwork, staining decks (roofing projects also available).
• No special skills are required.
• There will be projects available in the early evening and on Saturday as well.
• Projects will be assigned starting the week of June 24.
• These are perfect service projects for businesses, churches, individuals, families, groups of friends, retirees or just about anyone!
TO SIGN UP:
• Email NeigborLink email@example.com or their Facebook event.
• List what day(s) you want to participate.
• List if you are bringing a group or signing up as an individual.
• If bringing a group, send the number of people you think will be in your group.
• Note what kind of project(s) you prefer (if you have a preference)- yard work, painting, staining decks, roofing project.
“I think we’re all trying to find ways to be a better person and ultimately a better neighbor. We’ve learned over the years that volunteerism is one of the best ways to learn what that means and BAGNW allows us to do that together rather than alone.” – Andrew Hoffman, Executive Director of NeighborLink