Enjoy the last Free Fishing Days of the year on June 1-2.
On Free Fishing Days, Indiana residents can fish public waters without a fishing license or a salmon/trout stamp.
On June 1, three Learn to Fish workshops will run from 9 a.m. to noon. Advanced registration is required for the workshops.
— Women’s Learn to Fish, Potato Creek State Park, North Liberty. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2VIHHQO
— Learn to Fish with Lures, Fort Harrison State Park, Indianapolis. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2HKHKqk.
— Learn to Fish for Catfish, Diamond Valley Park, Evansville. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2M6mUHv
There will be several opportunities to fish throughout the state for kids, and families. Events on June 1 will be held at:
– Albion, Chain O’Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
– Anderson, Mounds State Park, 765-642-6627
– Andrews, Salamonie Lake, 260-468-2127
– Avon, Washington Township Park, 317-234-8441
– Bloomington, Monroe Lake (Paynetown SRA), 812-837-9967
– Clarksville, Falls of the Ohio State Park, 812-280-9970
– Corydon, O’Bannon Woods State Park, 812-738-8232
– Evansville, Diamond Valley Lake, 812-789-2724
– Morocco, Willow Slough, 219-285-2704
– New Castle, Summit Lake State Park, 765-766-5873
– North Liberty, Potato Creek State Park, 574-656-8186 x 250
– Peru, Mississinewa Lake, 260-468-2127
– Rockville, Cecil M. Harden Lake (Raccoon SRA), 765-280-4012
– Vallonia, Starve Hollow State Recreation Area, 812-358-3464
– West Terre Haute, Wabashiki Fish & Wildlife Area, 765-653-0453
– Winamac, Tippecanoe River State Park, 574-946-3213
June 2 events will be held at:
– Albion, Chain O’ Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
– Indianapolis, Fort Harrison State Park, 317-591-0904
– Morocco, Willow Slough Fish & Wildlife Area, 219-285-2704
Specific information about Free Fishing Day events can be found at dnr.IN.gov/fishfree.