The City of Fort Wayne’s Community Development Division has released its 2018 Report to the Community, a summary of accomplishments throughout the past year. It is available online at www.fwcommunitydevelopment.org by clicking on the link that says Report to the Community. Or, it is available here: http://www.fwcommunitydevelopment.org/images/about_us/docs/012019_CD_RTTC_4web.pdf.
The report provides information about the how the Division works to make Fort Wayne a more vibrant, prosperous and growing community. It also provides details about the work of the Division’s four departments, Neighborhood Code Compliance, the Office of Housing & Neighborhood Services, Planning & Policy and Redevelopment/Economic Development.
“The City of Fort Wayne’s Community Development Division has a wide variety of responsibilities, everything from promoting opportunities for fair housing to helping plan the next phases of Riverfront Fort Wayne,” said Cindy Joyner, director of Community Development. “Our efforts focus on supporting strong economic growth, while also building an exceptional quality of life for all residents.”
“I appreciate the outstanding efforts of our Community Development Division staff,” said Mayor Tom Henry. “Working collectively with residents, neighborhoods and businesses, we’re making a positive difference through innovative initiatives and partnerships. Fort Wayne is well-positioned as a point of destination community that cares about people.”
Some examples of the Division’s 2018 work includes:
- helping 19 local homeless residents and their families find permanent or transitional housing,
- granting 11 neighborhood associations up to $5,000 to beautify public spaces,
- ensuring 2,205 properties were cleared of trash and debris,
- approving 19 loans to area small businesses,
- approving more than $11 million in infrastructure work,
- managing the planning for the next exciting phases of Riverfront Fort Wayne, and
- providing funding and support to many local housing and business developments, such as The Landing, Superior Lofts, Bottle Works Lofts, Byron Health Center and more.