More leaves fell this week and residents of the City’s south neighborhoods should have leaves raked to the curb by Monday, November 5, 2018.
Each of the City’s more than 400 neighborhoods will receive two pick-ups during leaf collection season.
For curbside leaf collection residents should rake leaves to the curb or park strip in front of their home, but not in the street. Leaves should be in the park strip by 7 a.m. on Monday of the week of their collection.
Residents wanting to set a personal collection schedule can place leaves in biodegradable paper leaf bags and call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The bags should be at the curb for collection within two business days of the call to 311.
Daily collection updates are available at cityoffortwayne.org/leaves. There they will see a neighborhood schedule updated each weekday by 3:00 p.m. with detailed information about where crews will be collecting the next day. Daily updates are also available by calling the leaf phone line at 427-2603.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t mix other yard waste with leaves.
- Don’t put leaves in or over storm drains.
- For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.