IMPORTANT: FAMILIES IN NEED MUST APPLY FOR CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE FROM THE SALVATION ARMY THIS WEEK
This is the last week that the Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will be taking applications for their Christmas assistance programs.
All families seeking Christmas assistance from The Salvation Army this season (including the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, Food Vouchers, and Adopt-A-Family programs) MUST apply at this time. Only the legal guardian may apply for assistance.
Apply in person October 12-16 at The Salvation Army – 2901 N. Clinton
Doors will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 –3:00 p.m.
Individuals must come with the following information in order to receive assistance:
• Photo ID (head of household/applicant)
• Social Security or ITIN card for each member of the household
• Original Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18
• Proof of all income and Proof of all expenses for the entire household
· If you have zero income, you must bring a printout from the unemployment office stating your income for the last 12 months. Proof of any assistance (how you pay rent) will also be required
· Single parent households must show proof of child support. Proof can be obtained at the Allen County Clerks Office regardless of payment status (even if you have never filed for support)
Any questions regarding required documentation? Contact The Salvation Army at (260) 744-2311. Information is also on line at www.safortwayne.org.
With community support, we look forward to helping all those in need throughout Fort Wayne this Christmas season. Please help us get the word out that now is the time to apply for assistance, so that we can help make this a Merry Christmas for everyone!