Fort Wayne TinCaps (14-8, 46-44) @ Dayton Dragons (10-12, 49-43)
RHP Chris Huffman (3-5, 3.96) vs. RHP Tejay Antone (4-7, 3.24)
Saturday, July 18, 2015 — Fifth Third Field (Dayton, OH) — First Pitch 7:00 p.m. — Game 91
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps took the rubber match of their three-game series against the Lake County Captains at Parkview Field, 8-3. Fort Wayne fell behind 1-0 after the top of the first, but put up three runs in the home half and didn’t look back. The TinCaps out-hit the Captains, 12-6. Michael Kelly earned the win with six innings of work, while Taylor Cox and Seth Lucio teamed for three scoreless.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN: After a nine-game homestand over which the TinCaps went 6-3, Saturday marks the start of a nine-game road trip. Fort Wayne is scheduled to play three in Dayton, followed by three at Lake County, and three at Bowling Green. The TinCaps are 28-22 at home this season and 18-22 on the road.
MAJOR LEAGUER MOVES ON: Padres catcher Tim Federowicz (pronounced: Fed-er-oh-vich) is off to join the Triple-A El Paso Chihuahuas in Fresno tonight. “FedX” rehabbed with the TinCaps from Sunday through Friday. In five starts, the 27-year-old went 5-for-16 (.313) with a double, a home run, three runs batted in, and two walks. He DH-ed three times and caught twice (five innings).
TO QUOTE: Federowicz said after Friday’s game, “I couldn’t have picked a better Low-A ballpark to rehab at. Parkview Field is better than most of the minor league parks I’ve played in… They’ve got a great group here. I was humbled to play with them.”
PLAYOFF PICTURE: The regular season doesn’t end until Sept. 7, but for now, the TinCaps start the day in position for the Eastern Division second-half wild card. Fort Wayne trails West Michigan by a half game for first but is a game ahead of Bowling Green for second.
PITCHING WINS: The TinCaps are 18-8 over their last 26 games going back to, and including, June 18. Over the stretch, Fort Wayne has allowed more than three runs in a game only six times. Having allowed 69 earned runs in 239 2/3 innings, the team’s ERA is 2.59 during this last month.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #1 Michael Gettys CF — In July: .316/.403/.439 (9 BB this month; 8 Apr-Jun)
2. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — On a 3-game hitting streak for the first time this half.
3. #9 Luis Urias 2B — Youngest player in MWL; 9-game on-base streak.
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — Tied a career high w/ 3 hits Fri. (8th time in career).
5. #34 Franmil Reyes DH — 2 doubles Friday (first 2-double game since 5/17)
6. #22 Franchy Cordero LF* — On a season-long 5-game hitting streak.
7. #23 Luis Tejada 3B — Last 3: 4-for-12, 1 HR, 1 Double, 3 Runs, 4 RBI
8. #15 Edwin Moreno RF* — On a season-long 10-game hitting streak.
9. #21 Jose Ruiz C — Batting .323 in July; entered month with a .171 average.
* Left-Handed Batter