Fort Wayne TinCaps (13-7, 45-43) vs. Lake County Captains (6-13, 42-45)
RHP Dinelson Lamet (3-4, 3.77) vs. LHP Anderson Polanco (4-6, 4.39)
Thursday, July 16, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 7:05 p.m. — Game 89
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps opened their three-game series against Lake County with a 4-1 win. Fort Wayne struck for three runs in the first inning, while each team put up a run in the seventh. Thomas Dorminy went the first six innings to earn the win, while Aaron Cressley bridged the gap to Colby Blueberg for the save.
FIRST PLACE: The TinCaps begin the night with a 1/2-game lead over West Michigan for first place in the Eastern Division second half standings. Lansing won the first half title with Great Lakes claiming the wild card, so Fort Wayne is one of six teams vying for two spots in half number two, which ends on Labor Day.
FEDEROWICZ UPDATE: Padres catcher Tim Federowicz (pronounced: Fed-er-oh-vich) DH-ed Wednesday and went 2-for-4, including a two-run homer. Federowicz is expected to catch five innings tonight, like he did Monday. The 27-year-old is rehabbing from surgery on his right knee in March after tearing his meniscus.
PITCHING WINS: The TinCaps haven’t allowed an earned run over their last two games. Fort Wayne is 17-7 over its last 24 games. Over the span they’ve allowed more than three runs in a game only five times. In 220 2/3 innings of work since June 18, the TinCaps have yielded 58 earned runs. That equates to a 2.37 ERA.
HOT AT HOME: The TinCaps are 7-0-2 at Parkview Field over their last nine series here. Fort Wayne’s record is 20-7 during the run that goes back to May 26 against Great Lakes.
KID CAN PLAY: Since debuting on July 16, Luis Urias leads all batters in the Midwest League in hits with 17. That number is also tied for second most in all of Minor League Baseball (A, AA, AAA).
DID YOU KNOW?43 former TinCaps and Wizards appeared in the big leagues during the first half of the MLB season. In total, there have been 137 Fort Wayne alumni in the majors.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #9 Luis Urias SS — Has hit safely in 8 of 9 G, with multi-hits in 6 (5 straight).
2. #22 Franchy Cordero LF* — Played his first game in LF vs. LC on May 11.
3. #33 Tim Federowicz C — HR on Wednesday was first since Aug. 19, 2014.
4. #34 Franmil Reyes RF — Hit 5th triple of season Wed. (4 total in 12 + 13.)
5. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — 42 walks lead team, tied for 9th most in MWL.
6. #1 Michael Gettys CF — Hitting .278 at Parkview Field. (.181 on road.)
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — .385 AVG vs. LHP. (.230 vs. RHP.)
8. #15 Edwin Moreno DH* — On a season-best 9-game hitting streak.
9. #20 Rey Bruguera 2B — Has played 5 different positions during career.
* Left-Handed Batter