Fort Wayne TinCaps (9-5, 41-41) vs. South Bend Cubs (7-7, 36-45)
LHP Thomas Dorminy (6-6, 4.20) vs. RHP Jake Stinnett (3-2, 5.14)
Thursday, July 9, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 7:05 p.m. — Game 83
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps beat the South Bend Cubs, 3-1, at Parkview Field. Ernesto Montas matched a career-high with six strikeouts over six innings for the win.
BULLPEN BRILLIANCE: Kyle McGrath and Yimmi Brasoban teamed up for three scoreless frames out of the pen Wednesday. Here’s a look at how dominant they’ve been of late.
* McGrath: 8 straight scoreless appearances since 6/10, 15.2 IP
* Brasoban: 12 straight scoreless app. since 6/21, 22.1 IP
* Colby Blueberg: 3 straight scoreless app. since 6/29, 7.0 IP
* Taylor Cox: 3 straight scoreless app. since 5/28, 4.1 IP
The bullpen’s ERA for the season currently stands at 3.33. Entering May 21, when the TinCaps had a 12-25 record, the bullpen ERA was 4.65. Fort Wayne is 29-16 since that time.
POWER UP: For the first time in the second half of the season, the TinCaps had a multi-homer game on Wednesday night as Michael Gettys and Edwin Moreno both went deep. Through the first 13 games of the second half, Fort Wayne only hit three total long balls. In the first half, the TinCaps ranked 5th in the MWL with 38 HR.
HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE: The TinCaps are 6-0-1 at Parkview Field over their last seven series here. Fort Wayne’s record is 16-5 during the run that goes back to May 26.
GETT-ING HOT: Center fielder Michael Gettys is on a season-best eight-game hitting streak. He extended it Tuesday with a home run and a single. During the stretch, Gettys is 14-for-34 (.412) with six extra-base hits and only four strikeouts.
PITCHING WINS: The TinCaps are 13-5 over their last 18 games. In that span, they’ve allowed more than three runs in a game only three times. In 166 2/3 innings of work since June 18, Fort Wayne has yielded just 36 earned runs. That equates to a 1.94 ERA.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — Playing in 47th game. Played in 48 last year in AZL.
2. #9 Luis Urias 2B — PD Director Sam Geaney: “Has a real feel for the game.”
3. #1 Michael Gettys CF — 19 X-base hits since May 19 are 2nd most in MWL.
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — 1 of 16 players in the league to have played in 77 G.
5. #10 Nick Torres RF — 2nd highest AVG (.320) in Padres organization.
6. #22 Franchy Cordero LF* — 0 errors in 30 G in outfield.
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — Temp. today in hometown in the Dominican: 88.
8. #15 Edwin Moreno DH* — Home run Wednesday was first since April 20.
9. #21 Jose Ruiz C — Has thrown out MWL high 33 runners trying to steal.
* Left-Handed Batter