Fort Wayne TinCaps (11-5, 43-41) vs. Great Lakes Loons (5-11, 43-41)
RHP Michael Kelly (4-1, 4.08) vs. RHP Trevor Oaks (4-5, 2.76)
Saturday, July 11, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 7:05 p.m. — Game 85
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps beat the Great Lakes Loons, 8-7. The game featured two ties and four lead changes. Fort Wayne broke a 7-7 tie in the bottom of the ninth inning when second baseman Luis Urias executed a suicide-squeeze bunt with the bases loaded and one out. All nine in the starting batting order either reached base or drove in a run. The TinCaps now have won three consecutive games.
WALK-OFF COUNT: Friday’s walk-off win was Fort Wayne’s fifth of the year. Here’s a look back at the other TinCaps walk offs in 2015…
· April 16 vs. SB (W, 7-6) – Felipe Blanco 10th-inning double
· May 9 vs. LAN (W, 5-4) – Edwin Moreno 10th-inning single
· May 26 vs. GL (W, 4-3) – Blanco 7th-inning triple (G2 of DH)
· May 29 vs. WM (W, 5-4) – Franmil Reyes 12th-inning home run
· July 10 vs. GL (W, 8-7) – Urias 9th-inning single
HIGH OCTANE: The TinCaps stole a season-high six bases on Friday night. The previous high of five came on June 3 at Beloit. Individually, Franchy Cordero leads the team with 16 SB on the year.
BIG LEAGUER ON THE WAY? Padres catcher Tim Federowicz was scheduled to catch a simulated bullpen today in Texas, where San Diego is playing the Rangers. If things go well, Padres manager Pat Murphy said “FedX” will be on his way to Fort Wayne to join the TinCaps for a rehab assignment. Federowicz tore the meniscus in his right knee during Spring Training in March.
HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE: The TinCaps are 7-0-1 at Parkview Field over their last eight series here. Fort Wayne’s record is 18-5 during the run that goes back to May 26 against Great Lakes.
PITCHING WINS: The TinCaps are 15-5 over their last 20 games. Friday was just the third time in the span that they’ve allowed more than three runs in a game. In 184 2/3 innings of work since June 18, Fort Wayne has yielded 45 earned runs. That equates to a 2.19 ERA.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — Played in 48 G last year in AZL. Tonight is 49th MWL G.
2. #9 Luis Urias 2B — Youngest player in MWL. Had 1st career walk-off on Friday.
3. #1 Michael Gettys CF — Hitting .342 over his last 9 games.
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — Has the highest OBP on the team (.360).
5. #34 Franmil Reyes RF — On this date last year was hitting .267 / 6 HR / 38 RBI.
6. #22 Franchy Cordero DH* — Collected first RBI since June 29 on Friday.
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — Reached base in all 5 PA on Friday vs. GL.
8. #15 Edwin Moreno LF* — Hitting .523 with 5 R, HR, 6 RBIs during 6-game hit streak
9. #23 Michael Miller C — First start behind the plate since Tuesday @ South Bend
* Left-Handed Batter