Fort Wayne & NE Indiana News

The latest positive news written by residents and organizations in our community.
Business   |   Family   |   Government

Citizens Can Report Damage From Recent Severe Weather Online

Indiana homeowners, renters, businesses and private non-profit organizations that sustained uninsured damage caused by recent severe storms and flooding can report damage online at

A link to the form is also available on the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) website at In the middle of the page under "Featured Topics," click on "Report Damage from Severe Weather, Flooding – June 7 and continuing.”

Uninsured damage from other storms and flooding starting on or after June 7 can also be reported.

Damage reports will be used to help local emergency management agencies and the Indiana Department of Homeland Security with preliminary damage assessments and to determine if federal assistance can be pursued..

This is NOT an application for a grant with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Individuals will be asked to provide their name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property.

For questions, contact your county emergency management agency. Contact information is available at

Individuals without Internet access are encouraged to contact a friend, family member or neighbor for assistance. Web access is also available at many libraries, religious institutions, community centers or other public facilities. If none of those options is available, individuals may also contact their county emergency management agency to report damage.