Fort Wayne TinCaps (6-3, 38-39) vs. Dayton Dragons (4-5, 43-36)
LHP Thomas Dorminy (6-5, 4.00) vs. RHP Tyler Mahle (7-5, 3.07)
Saturday, July 4, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 6:35 p.m. — Game 78
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps shut out Dayton, 1-0, on Friday night at Fifth Third Field. Jose Ruiz drove in the game’s lone run with a second-inning single to score Luis Tejada. Starter Ernesto Montas pitched into the eighth inning before Colby Blueberg came in for the final six outs of the night.
WINNING: The TinCaps are 10-3 over their last 13 games.
HOT AT HOME: The TinCaps have won six consecutive series at Parkview Field going back to the final week of May. Fort Wayne is 15-5 at home during this time.
SHUTOUT: Friday was the TinCaps’ fourth shutout win of the year. All have come since May 31. Fort Wayne had most recently blanked Bowling Green, 2-0, on Monday at Parkview Field.
NEARLY IMPECCABLE PITCHING: Over their last 13 games (10-3), the TinCaps have allowed more than three runs in a game only once. Fort Wayne’s ERA is 1.58 during this span (21 ER in 119 2/3 IP).
17: The number of innings — entering Saturday — the TinCaps have gone without allowing a run since the first inning on Thursday.
ASSIST FROM THE OUTFIELD: Center fielder Michael Gettys threw Jimmy Pickens out at the plate attempting to score from second on a single in the third inning Friday. That came two batters after left fielder Nick Torres had thrown Narciso Crook out at third base. TinCaps outfielders have six assists over the last five games (25 on the year.)
STANDING ROOM ONLY: Tonight’s game is the 10th sellout of the season at Parkview Field. The franchise single-game attendance record is 9,182. That was the crowd a year ago today when the TinCaps hosted West Michigan. The largest TinCaps crowd so far this year is 7,970 on Friday, June 19 against Bowling Green.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — Today is the 18-year-old’s 1/2 birthday.
2. #1 Michael Gettys CF — Ranks 2nd among MWL outfielders with 11 assists.
3. #10 Nick Torres LF — 2nd highest batting average in MWL (.336).
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — Brother T.J. served as a 1st Lieutenant in the Army.
5. #34 Franmil Reyes RF — Hitting .261 at home (compare to .217 on road).
6. #22 Franchy Cordero DH* —Hitting .283 in 15 games as No. 6 hitter.
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — Has drawn three BB last two games after 0 in first 12.
8. #23 Michael Miller C — Has hit safely in each of his first three starts with FW.
9. #3 Mitch Morales 2B* — Had first two hits as a TinCap in last start Thursday.
* Left-Handed Batter