Fort Wayne TinCaps (31-36) vs. Bowling Green Hot Rods (37-32)
LHP Brad Wieck (3-5, 3.21 – SAL) vs. RHP Henry Centeno (4-3, 4.99)
Sunday, June 21, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 1:05 p.m. — Game 68
ABOUT LAST NIGHT: The TinCaps beat the Bowling Green Hot Rods, 5-1, in the middle game of their three-game series. Ernesto Montas allowed only one run over six innings of work as he earned his sixth win of the year. At the plate, Fort Wayne took a 1-0 lead in the first and broke the game open with a four-run third. Five different TinCaps plated a run, while Michael Gettys went 4-for-5.
WHO SAYS YOU CAN’T GO HOME: Fort Wayne’s win on Saturday clinched their fifth straight series win at Parkview Field. The TinCaps have already taken the first two games from the Hot Rods, and previously won series against Clinton (2-0), Kane County (2-1), West Michigan (3-1) and Great Lakes (3-2). They’re 9-2 in their last 11 games at home.
FOUR IN A ROW: With a win on Sunday, Fort Wayne will have won its fourth game in a row, which would set a new season-high. The team is 19-11 over its last 30 games.
LIGHTS OUT: TinCaps relievers have tossed 11 straight scoreless innings. In the month of June (17 games), the bullpen has posted a blistering 1.97 ERA.
CONTROL IS KEY: The main reason for the bullpen’s surge has been limiting base runners. In 64 total innings in the month of June, the bullpen has walked just 11 batters. Against the Hot Rods the last two games, relievers haven’t walked a single batter.
OFFENSIVE BALANCE: During Fort Wayne’s three-game winning streak, the TinCaps have outscored their opponents, 14-4. In each win, no player has driven in more than one run.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY: Fort Wayne wearing San Diego Padres jerseys today with the TinCaps apple logo on the right sleeve. After the game, the jerseys will be given away to dads in attendance.
1. #1 Michael Gettys CF – First 4-hit game of Fort Wayne career on Saturday night.
2. #12 Ruddy Giron SS – Since May 18 arrival has started every TinCaps game.
3. #10 Nick Torres DH – Riding a 9-game hitting streak.
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B – In June: .291 / .385 / .436.
5. #25 Luis Tejada 3B – Has an RBI in 3 of first 4 games with team since Wed.
6. #22 Franchy Cordero LF – In 8 games batting sixth: .357 / .419 / .536.
7. #15 Edwin Moreno RF – As part-time player in June: 9-for-22 (.409).
8. #21 Jose Ruiz C – Had his 3rd extra-base hit of the season Sat. (RBI double).
9. #9 Felipe Blanco 2B – Has hit safely in each of last 3 games played.