The Fort Wayne Community Schools Board of School Trustees on Monday, Oct. 14, approved the hiring of a new administrator to analyze data as part of the District¹s work with the Teacher Incentive Fund grant. Yueming Jia, Strategic Data Fellow Dr. Yueming Jia joins FWCS on Oct. 22 as the District¹s Strategic Data Fellow, a new position in the Strategic Initiative Department. The Strategic Data Project is part of the Harvard Graduate School of Education; the Project’s mission is to bring together the right people, assemble the right data and perform the right analysis to transform the use of data in education to improve student achievement. Dr. Jia¹s position with FWCS is funded by the Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) grant the District received last year. The TIF program encourages districts to enhance educator compensation systems through one of two models career ladders or performance-based pay with the option for additional responsibilities. Dr. Jia¹s work will help the District ensure teacher evaluations, school improvement plans and student data are properly aligned. Dr. Jia holds a Ph.D. from Texas A&M University and completed her post-doctorate work at New York University.
- Fort Wayne International Airport Announces New Air Service Route for 2019
- The Child And Adult Care Food Program (Cacfp) For Emergency Shelters And At-Risk Afterschool Meals Programs
- Woodstock Rocks On Forever Stamp
- Wuestefeld Promoted To Director Of DNR Fish & Wildlife
- New Monthly Menu Features, All-You-Can-Eat BBQ & Blues Music At The Club Room