In-school registration for the 2017-18 school year will be held Friday, July 28, and Monday, July 31, at all 48 Fort Wayne Community Schools elementary, middle and high schools. Parents can visit their child’s school from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday or from noon to 7 p.m. Monday to get ready for the new school year. In addition, new families can visit the Family and Community Engagement Center, 230 E. Douglas Ave., from 9 a.m.-noon on Saturday, July 29.
Current families who took advantage of the online pre-registration will be able to access the Rapid Registration line to get through in-school registration faster. In-school registration is still required to process address verification, as well as provide student IDs, PTA sign-up, yearbook and PE uniform orders and other services that are not yet available online.
Families unable to attend the scheduled registration dates can contact their child’s school to make other arrangements prior to the first day of school, which is Tuesday, Aug. 15.
When attending in-school registration, parents are asked to bring a photo ID and two documents showing proof of residency to registration. Documents accepted include:
- Letter or check from any governmental agency, attorney or court papers
- Letter or card from Allen County Office of Family and Children Services
- Paycheck or Social Security benefits
- Medical doctor, dentist or eye doctor statements
- Established bank account statement (Not a newly established account or bank papers indicating you have changed your address with them)
- Utility connect notice
- Utility bill dated within the past 30 days (Not including cable or cell phone bills)
- Lease printed on letterhead from an established apartment/mobile home leasing office with a contact name and phone number. Hand written leases or those printed from the internet are not acceptable.
Homeless families or those with unusual living arrangements should contact Student & Family Support Services at 467-2113 for assistance.
For additional information or to see school supply lists, visit www.fortwayneschools.org.
Other important dates:
- Registration Friday, July 28, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. & Monday, July 31, noon-7 p.m.
- Sixth-Grade Transition Day – Tuesday, Aug. 8, 8 a.m. – noon
- Ninth-Grade Transition Day – Tuesday, Aug. 8, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Kindergarten Conferences – Thursday, Aug. 10, times vary by school
- First Day of School – Tuesday, Aug. 15
- First Day for Pre-K Students – Monday, Aug. 28