The Three Rivers Festival will hold the official ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday, July 7th, at 11am in Junk Food Alley. Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry will be present at the ceremony to cut the ribbon, marking the official opening of the 49th Annual Three Rivers Festival. The Festival will be open from July 7th through the 15th.
"The Three Rivers Festival is honoring heroes this year, whether their mission is bettering our community or delighting children and adults alike with their amazing super powers", said Jack Hammer, Executive Director. "We have been working hard all year to bring you a Festival that’s sure to create great memories!"
Be on the lookout for opening weekend events:
- Familiar food offerings in Junk Food Alley – look for new. inventive creations!
- The Indiana Historical Society’s new exhibit, "History on Wheels: Auto Indiana" can be seen the first weekend thanks to O’Daniel Auto Group in the Club Soda parking lot.
- In Headwaters West, the ultimate shopping experience, the Emporium, is back for its second year. There is something for everyone at the Emporium, including tasty food offerings not found at Junk Food Alley.
- Steel Dynamics River Excursions – enjoy free 30 minute pontoon tours on our rivers – takes off from Headwaters West
- Visit the Midway for the petting zoo, helicopter rides, carnival rides, games and so much more
- In the Ruoff Festival Plaza on the GM/UAW Concert Stage – we welcome the Purple Xperience to honor the music of Prince on Friday night. On Saturday, we can let down our hair for Hoosier Lottery Day with the Rock of the 80s Tour featuring the Romantics, Smithereens, the Motels and Bow Wow Wow.
- Art in the Park at Freimann Square opens Saturday morning and goes through Sunday. Come see local, regional, and national works of art in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne.
The much anticipated Lutheran Health Network Parade starts at 10am on Saturday. Come out and honor our superheroes!