Due to its continued success, The Downtown Improvement District will once again be offering its Winter-Spring events contest which invites businesses, organizations, and individuals to submit their best ideas for events in February, March, or April 2018 for a chance to receive production support. Downtown Improvement District is pleased to announce that $10,000 has been allocated to the contest. Winning events will be awarded funding, as well an event consultation session.
In the initial phase of the contest, the Downtown Improvement District will be accepting concept submissions until Monday May 1st at 5:00pm. Those chosen to advance as finalists will be notified no later than June 30th with instructions on how to submit a final proposal for consideration. Final event winners will be chosen in September of 2017.
Contest rules are as follows:
- Concept submissions must be received by Monday May 1st at 5:00 p.m. Fill out the online submission form at www.DowntownFortWayne.com/New-Events/
- Submissions must be entirely complete. Incomplete submissions will be automatically disqualified with no exceptions.
- The event must take place entirely within the Downtown Improvement District boundaries. (See Map)
- The choice of vendors used for the event is at the discretion of the event planner, but at least 50% of the event vendors must be located within the District as defined by the 99 blocks. This may include, but is not limited to: food, security, graphic design, web design, printing, installations, décor, venues, performers, and logistical needs.
- The Downtown Improvement District will provide event consulting to the winning events. This one hour consultation will be provided primarily by the Downtown Improvement District’s Event Manager, but may include other staff as necessary at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District President.
- If selected a brief event report must be submitted each month for the months leading up to the event due on the first day of the month. For example, a March event winner must submit their report on January 1st, February 1st, and March 1st. The format of this report is at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District, but will be brief.
7) The Downtown Improvement District must be considered a top-level sponsor on any winning event. Sponsorship benefits must include logo inclusion on all marketing materials, inclusion in press/media materials, and any and all other applicable sponsor benefits.
Downtown Winter-Spring Events Contest
Concept submissions accepted, March 13, 2017 – May 1, 2017
For information and an online application, visit: www.DowntownFortWayne.com/New-Events/