Stadium Journey reviewed 761 different stadium experiences in 2016, and ranked Parkview Field as the top ballpark in all of Minor League Baseball and the No. 6 venue overall. The home of the Fort Wayne TinCaps is featured on the front cover of Stadium Journey’s January 2017 magazine.
Stadium Journey’s Top 10 Stadium Experiences of 2016
1. Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles)
2. Streets of St. Petersburg (Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg)
3. Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals)
4. Daytona International Speedway (Daytona 500)
5. MTS Centre (Winnipeg Jets)
6. Parkview Field (Fort Wayne TinCaps)
7. Phog Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas Jayhawks Basketball)
8. Alex Box Stadium (LSU Tigers Football)
9. Durham Bulls Athletic Park (Durham Bulls – Triple-A)
10. Barber Motorsports Park (Honda Grand Prix of Alabama)
“At the risk of sounding like a broken record,” the publication says, “Parkview Field and the Fort Wayne TinCaps have once again been named as Stadium Journey’s best ballpark experience in all of minor league baseball for 2016. This is the third consecutive season, and fifth out of the past six seasons, that Parkview Field has received this honor.”
Parkview Field jumped up three spots from No. 9 overall a year ago.
In 2016, the TinCaps added The Summit, presented by Tuthill, on top of the Tuthill 400 Club in center field. The team also expanded protective safety netting from behind home plate to the far ends of the dugouts and resurfaced the ballpark’s concourse.
The TinCaps set a franchise attendance record in 2016, drawing 413,701 fans (an average of 6,084 per opening across 68 dates), and received Minor League Baseball’s most prestigious honor, the John H. Johnson President’s Award.
“This is an amazing distinction for our organization,” said TinCaps President Mike Nutter. “We extend our thanks to everyone at Stadium Journey. The sports industry is better because of their work serving fans. We’re blessed to have such a phenomenal facility and incredible support from our community.”
The TinCaps open up their ninth season at Parkview Field on Saturday, April 8 (6:05 p.m.) against the Bowling Green Hot Rods (Tampa Bay Rays). Season tickets and tickets for group outings are on sale now. Tickets to individual games will go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 15. For more information, visit TinCaps.com or call 260-482-6400.