Popcorn Day is on January 19, 2017. Despite the fact that popcorn has been around for thousands of years, it has remained relatively unchanged. It’s still a small, simple kernel of goodness that’s full of surprises. The National Popcorn Institute estimates Americans eat 17 billion quarts of popped popcorn each year, with the average American consuming about 58 quarts. So where do these honored kernels come from? Nebraska is the No. 1 producer of popcorn in the United States, growing more than 300 million pounds annually. Popcorn is one of America’s favorite snack foods and it is easy to see why. This treat can be sweet or savory, caramelized, buttered or plain, molded into a candied ball or tossed with nuts and chocolate. So, if you’re craving a fresh bag of popcorn, we suggest you pop by the Fire Police City County Federal Credit Unions’ Citizen Square (200 East Berry, Suite 95) and Rousseau Centre (1 East Main Street, Suite B32) locations between 8am-4pm on National Popcorn Day to partake in our delicious popcorn bar!
- 2017 Lilly Endowment Community Scholars Announced!
- Arts United Announces Award Recipients
- Embassy Theatre Announces Down The Line 11
- 2017 Scholastic Art And Writing Awards At FWMoA
- Girl Scouts Unveil New PSA, Anthem On Giving Tuesday
- USF Freshman NAIA Women's Bkb POTWk
- SURVEY FINDS MANY HOOSIER DRIVERS NOT PREPARED FOR WINTER WEATHER EMERGENCY
- New Owner For Angola's Lonsbury Garage
- St. John Lutheran School Earn 'Get Fit' Award
- Anderson University Welcomes Kurt Wallace To WQME 98.7 FM