Popcorn Day is on January 19, 2017. Despite the fact that popcorn has been around for thousands of years, it has remained relatively unchanged. It’s still a small, simple kernel of goodness that’s full of surprises. The National Popcorn Institute estimates Americans eat 17 billion quarts of popped popcorn each year, with the average American consuming about 58 quarts. So where do these honored kernels come from? Nebraska is the No. 1 producer of popcorn in the United States, growing more than 300 million pounds annually. Popcorn is one of America’s favorite snack foods and it is easy to see why. This treat can be sweet or savory, caramelized, buttered or plain, molded into a candied ball or tossed with nuts and chocolate. So, if you’re craving a fresh bag of popcorn, we suggest you pop by the Fire Police City County Federal Credit Unions’ Citizen Square (200 East Berry, Suite 95) and Rousseau Centre (1 East Main Street, Suite B32) locations between 8am-4pm on National Popcorn Day to partake in our delicious popcorn bar!
- Fort Wayne International Airport Announces New Air Service Route for 2019
- The Child And Adult Care Food Program (Cacfp) For Emergency Shelters And At-Risk Afterschool Meals Programs
- Woodstock Rocks On Forever Stamp
- Wuestefeld Promoted To Director Of DNR Fish & Wildlife
- New Monthly Menu Features, All-You-Can-Eat BBQ & Blues Music At The Club Room