Popcorn Day is on January 19, 2017. Despite the fact that popcorn has been around for thousands of years, it has remained relatively unchanged. It’s still a small, simple kernel of goodness that’s full of surprises. The National Popcorn Institute estimates Americans eat 17 billion quarts of popped popcorn each year, with the average American consuming about 58 quarts. So where do these honored kernels come from? Nebraska is the No. 1 producer of popcorn in the United States, growing more than 300 million pounds annually. Popcorn is one of America’s favorite snack foods and it is easy to see why. This treat can be sweet or savory, caramelized, buttered or plain, molded into a candied ball or tossed with nuts and chocolate. So, if you’re craving a fresh bag of popcorn, we suggest you pop by the Fire Police City County Federal Credit Unions’ Citizen Square (200 East Berry, Suite 95) and Rousseau Centre (1 East Main Street, Suite B32) locations between 8am-4pm on National Popcorn Day to partake in our delicious popcorn bar!
- AWS Foundation Hires Joni Schmalzried, Ed.D. As Chief Program Officer
- AWS Foundation Presents Keynote With A Special Announcement At The 2019 Arts United Awards
- Fort Wayne International Airport Completes Construction On New Terminal Road
- Lutheran Life Villages Renovation Project Adds Feeling Of Home
- Hundred Acre Wood Exhibit – January 12-April 21