Fort Wayne TinCaps (26-41 – T7th, 62-75) @ Bowling Green Hot Rods (44-23 – 1st, 81-55)
RHP Emmanuel Ramirez vs. RHP Jeremy Bivens
Saturday, Sept. 3 — Bowling Green Ballpark — First Pitch 7:35 p.m. — Game 138
LAST NIGHT: In their 2016 home finale, the TinCaps were unable to complete a three-game sweep of the Great Lakes Loons, losing, 5-4, in 10 innings.
RECORD ATTENDANCE: With a crowd of 7,597 last night—the 21st sell-out of the season—the TinCaps set multiple attendance records.
* Regular Season Attendance: 413,701 (Previous: 406,715 — 2014)
* Overall Attendance, Playoffs Included (Previous: 411,028 — 2014)
* Average Attendance: 6,084 (Previous: 5,971 — 2015)
The TinCaps rank 2nd out of the 100 Single-A/Rookie teams, and have outdrawn 27 of 30 in Double-A and 12 of 30 Triple-A.
1-RUN LOSSES: Last night dropped the TinCaps to 25-30 in 1-run games on the year. Those 30 1-run losses are tied with the Brevard County Manatees (Pirates, High-A) for the most such losses among all 190 teams in both Major League and Minor League Baseball.
IT’S A MARATHON: As the TinCaps enter their final series of the season, they’ve played six consecutive games that have gone at least 3 hours and 9 minutes. This includes back-to-back 10-inning games that both went 3 hours and 59 minutes.
ROSTER MOVES — WHO’S OFF TODAY:
* Catcher Austin Allen to the San Antonio Missions (Double-A)
* Left-hander Eric Lauer to the Peoria Padres (Arizona League)
* Left-hander Joey Lucchesi to the Peoria Padres (Arizona League)
ROSTER MOVES — WHO’S ON TODAY:
* Catcher Miguel Del Castillo from the El Paso Chihuahuas (Triple-A)
* Right-hander Will Stillman from the Peoria Padres (Arizona League)
* Right-hander Evan Miller from the Peoria Padres (Arizona League)
FINAL FOUR: With the departure of Allen, a Midwest League mid-season and post-season All-Star, the TinCaps are down to 4 players who have remained on the active roster all season. They are: RHP J.C. Cosme, RHP Jake Nix, OF Jhonatan Peña, and 1B Brad Zunica (who hasn’t played since last Sunday w/ a hand injury).
ANOTHA ONE: Del Castillo is now the 62nd different TinCap on the roster this season (26 position players, 36 pitchers). Prior to this year, Fort Wayne’s franchise record for players used in a season was 54.
ROAD ANOMALY: The TinCaps are 25-42 on the road this season and have dropped 23 of their last 28 away from Parkview Field. But, Fort Wayne is 6-1 this year here in Bowling Green. This is the only place in the Eastern Division where the TinCaps have a winning road record. Oddly, in this season series with the Hot Rods, the road team is 12-3.