Fort Wayne TinCaps (12-10) vs. Burlington Bees (8-13)
RHP Austin Smith (1-0, 3.12 ERA) vs. RHP Jaime Barria (2-0, 3.10 ERA)
Saturday, April 30, 2016 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 5:05 p.m. — Game 23
ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHT: The TinCaps overcame a 4-0 deficit against the Burlington Bees with a 6-run 7th inning and won 7-5.
RECORD ATTENDANCE SO FAR: After a crowd of 5,673 fans on Friday, Parkview Field’s attendance through the first 10 games of the season (46,633) is the highest it’s ever been. (The previous first 10-game attendance high was last year: 46,469.)
HOT AT HOME: Fort Wayne is 8-2 so far at home. This matches the 2013 TinCaps for the team’s best ever start at Parkview Field. (That year’s team went on to clinch the first-half Eastern Division wild card and advanced to the Eastern Division Championship Series.)
(ALMOST) ALWAYS SUNNY: Over a stretch of 216 games from June 1, 2012-May 29, 2015, Parkview Field never experienced a rainout. Last season, however, the TinCaps had three home games washed out.
CALL IT A COMEBACK: Friday marked the third time this season the TinCaps overcame a 4-run deficit to win. Fort Wayne has come-from-behind in 6 of its 12 victories.
BIG INNING: The 6-run 7th inning on Friday matched a season high for runs in a frame. Amazingly, all 6 runs came with 2 outs.
LEAGUE LEADERS: The TinCaps lead the Midwest League in…
· Runs: 128 (5.8/game) — Tied for 2nd most in MiLB
· Doubles: 40 (Tied with Lake County and Peoria)
INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE LEADERS: TinCaps lead the MWL in…
· Batting: Austin Allen (.460) — 1st in MiLB
· On-Base Percentage: Austin Allen (.539) — 1st in MiLB
· Slugging Percentage: Austin Allen (.603)
· On-Base Plus Slugging: Austin Allen (1.143) — 5th in MiLB
· RBIs: Ty France (18)
· Walks: Ty France (19) — Tied for 2nd in MiLB
· Stolen Bases: Michael Gettys (12) — Tied for 6th in MiLB