The Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will be taking applications for their Christmas assistance programs October 6-16.
Families who are interested in receiving assistance this holiday season must apply in person at this time, only the legal guardian of the children may apply for assistance.
§ October 6 – applications for families whose last name begins with A-F
§ October 7 – applications for families whose last name begins with G-M
§ October 8 – applications for families whose last name begins with N-R
§ October 9 – applications for families whose last name begins with S-Z
§ October 12-16 – applications open to all families
Applications will be taken at The Salvation Army – 2901 North Clinton
Doors will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 –3:00 p.m.
Individuals must come prepared with the following information in order to receive assistance:
• Photo ID (head of household/applicant)
• Social Security card for each member of the household
• Original Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18
• Proof of all income and Proof of all expenses for the entire household
· If you have zero income, you must bring a printout from the unemployment office stating your income for the last 12 months. Proof of any assistance (how you pay rent) will also be required
· Single parent households must show proof of child support. Proof can be obtained at the Allen County Clerks Office regardless of payment status (even if you have never filed for support)
Any questions regarding required documentation? Contact The Salvation Army at (260) 744-2311. Information is also on line at www.safortwayne.org.
All families seeking Christmas assistance from The Salvation Army this season (including the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, Food Vouchers, and Adopt-A-Family programs) MUST apply at this time.
With community support, we look forward to helping all those in need throughout Fort Wayne this Christmas season. Please help us get the word out that now is the time to apply for assistance, so that we can help make this a Merry Christmas for everyone!