In support of National Preparedness Month, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is hosting an Emergency Preparedness Fair on Saturday, September 19 from 9 am to 2 pm at 5401 St. Joe Road in Fort Wayne. This event is open to the public and many local organizations are participating including the Allen County Department of Homeland Security, Allen County Sheriff’s Department, American Red Cross, Animal Care & Control, Community Emergency Response Team, District 3 Behavioral Health Response Team, Fort Wayne Fire Department, Indianapolis LDS Home Storage Center, Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, and 211 First Call for Help. There will be classes and demonstrations on a wide variety of preparedness topics including emergency food storage, shelter and disaster operations, fire extinguisher training, disaster psychology, helping neighbors, caring for pets, disaster communications, survival skills, and many more.
- This Week At The Allen County War Memorial Coliseum: Week Of February 11, 2019
- Hayworth Celebrates 18 Years Of Service With Northwestern Mutual
- Fort Wayne Parks And Recreation Announces House Catering Open Bid
- FWMoA Announces Regional Scholastic Awards
- Mayor Henry Announces Public Safety Personnel To Receive Additional Compensation For Hours Worked During Polar Vortex