70 years after the bombing of two Japanese cities, the Peace and Justice Commission of Fort Wayne and Allen County is holding a commemoration ceremony on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. at Lakeside Park Pavilion #2. Join us for an evening of Reflective Images, Food, and Prayer. On display are ten banners with images of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, along with photographs of the devastation caused by the bombing of Hiroshima, Japan, on August 6, 1945, and Nagasaki, Japan, on August 9, 1945. Paper cranes will be signed by participants and sent to the Hiroshima Peace Museum, and food will be provided by Food Not Bombs. The Prayer Service will begin at 7 p.m.
- Fort Wayne International Airport Announces New Air Service Route for 2019
- The Child And Adult Care Food Program (Cacfp) For Emergency Shelters And At-Risk Afterschool Meals Programs
- Woodstock Rocks On Forever Stamp
- Wuestefeld Promoted To Director Of DNR Fish & Wildlife
- New Monthly Menu Features, All-You-Can-Eat BBQ & Blues Music At The Club Room