Fort Wayne TinCaps (13-8, 45-44) vs. Lake County Captains (7-13, 43-45)
RHP Michael Kelly (4-2, 4.44) vs. LHP Thomas Pannone (4-3, 3.67)
Friday, July 17, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 7:05 p.m. — Game 90
ABOUT LAST GAME: The TinCaps saw a 3-0 ninth inning lead disappear in a 9-3, 10-inning loss.
TO QUOTE: Manager Francisco Morales (@fmorales60) tweeted after the loss, “Tough one tonight but after midnight it’s a new day.”
SELLOUT COUNT: Thursday’s crowd of 8,194 was the second largest at Parkview Field this year and the 13th sellout of the season.
PLAYOFF POSITION: With a lot of baseball left between now and the end of the regular season on Labor Day (Sept. 7), the TinCaps currently lead the Eastern Division second-half wild card race by a game over Bowling Green. West Michigan is a half-game in front of Fort Wayne for the division lead. The TinCaps, who have the league’s longest active playoff streak at six consecutive years, are one of six teams vying for two spots in the second half.
FEDEROWICZ UPDATE: Padres catcher Tim Federowicz (pronounced: Fed-er-oh-vich) caught five innings Thursday and went 0-for-2 with a walk. The 27-year-old is coming back from surgery on his right knee in March after tearing his meniscus. He’s DH-ing tonight and then will continue rehabbing elsewhere in the organization.
HOT AT HOME: The TinCaps are 7-0-2 at Parkview Field over their last nine series here. Fort Wayne’s record is 20-8 during the run that goes back to May 26 against Great Lakes.
KID CAN PLAY: Since debuting on July 6, Luis Urias leads all batters in the Midwest League in hits with 19, including two Thursday. That number is also tied for fourth most in all of Minor League Baseball.
SPECIAL KNIGHT: The TinCaps jerseys tonight for Princess Fairy Tale Knight are be auctioned off at the park and online at TinCapsJersey.com with proceeds benefitting Indiana Donor Network.
1. #9 Luis Urias 2B — Has hit safely in 9 of 10 G; multi-hits in 10 (7 straight).
2. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — 2-for-3 vs. Pannone with a triple this season.
3. #33 Tim Federowicz DH — College WS runner-up at UNC in ‘06 and ‘07.
4. #34 Franmil Reyes RF — Hit for the cycle on this day in ‘12 vs. DSL Reds.
5. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — 22 doubles on year, tied for team lead, 4th in MWL.
6. #1 Michael Gettys CF — In July: .327 / .397 / .455 with 1 HR, 3 RBI, 3 SB.
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — Homered Thurs. for first time since July 24, 2014.
8. #23 Michael Miller C — First start since Sunday.
9. #24 Henry Charles LF* — Second start since being rejoining team last Fri.
* Left-Handed Batter