Fort Wayne TinCaps (11-7, 43-43) vs. Great Lakes Loons (7-11, 45-41)
RHP Ernesto Montas (8-5, 3.21) vs. RHP Grant Holmes (4-1, 2.94)
Monday, July 13, 2015 — Parkview Field — First Pitch 7:05 p.m. — Game 87
ABOUT LAST GAME: Fort Wayne fell to Great Lakes, 8-3. The Loons raced out to a 4-0 first inning lead in the first and powered ahead, 7-1, halfway through thanks to three-run home runs from Justin Chigbogu and Alex Santana, as well as a Santana RBI double.
FEDEROWICZ UPDATE: Padres catcher Tim Federowicz (pronounced: Fed-er-oh-vich) went 1-for-4 Sunday as the designated hitter for the TinCaps, hitting third. “FedX” hit a first-inning RBI double. It was his first game action since March, when he tore the meniscus in his right knee and had surgery.
FEDX QUOTE: After the game Federowicz told reporters, “It was awesome. It’s been a long time coming. I’d been waiting for this day for a while. It was good to get back out there… It (the knee) was good. It didn’t stiffen up like I thought it would. It feels normal.”
HOT AT HOME: The TinCaps are 7-0-1 at Parkview Field over their last eight series here. Fort Wayne’s record is 18-7 during the run that goes back to May 26 against Great Lakes.
REST AHEAD: Tonight is Fort Wayne’s 19th consecutive day with a game. The TinCaps haven’t had a day off since Wednesday, June 24. The team finally gets a chance to rest again with an off day Tuesday.
FORMER TINCAPS, FUTURE STARS: Right-handed pitcher Colin Rea ‘12-13 and shortstop Trea Turner ‘14 shined in Sunday’s MLB Futures Game in Cincinnati. Rea recorded the final two outs for the US team in a 10-1 win over the World. Turner went 2-for-2 at the plate with a double, a triple, and two RBIs.
TEAM USA: Former TinCaps Zach Eflin ‘13, Travis Jankowski ‘12, and Andy Parrino ‘08-09 are all representing USA Baseball in the Pan Am Games currently taking place in Canada. Eflin started Team USA’s first game on Saturday. Yesterday, Jankwoski and Parrino hit first and second, respectively, in the batting order.
TONIGHT’S STARTING LINEUP:
1. #9 Luis Urias 2B — Is 12-for-30 (.400) through his first 7 games as a TinCap.
2. #12 Ruddy Giron SS — Had Sunday off.
3. #33 Tim Federowicz C — Said he will catch for the first 5 innings.
4. #16 Trae Santos 1B* — Current team leader in RBIs with 33.
5. #1 Michael Gettys CF — Ranks 3rd in the MWL in extra-base hits with 30.
6. #22 Franchy Cordero LF* — Had FW’s only hit vs. Holmes on June 28.
7. #25 Luis Tejada 3B — Was a Midwest League All-Star in 2013.
8. #15 Edwin Moreno DH* — On a season-long 8-game hitting streak.
9. #24 Henry Charles RF* — First start with the TinCaps since May 17.
* Left-Handed Batter