Boys and girls ages 13 and under learn and play golf on teams hosted by 13 facilities in Fort Wayne and surrounding communities
PGA Junior League Golf continues to expand in the Fort Wayne area, following explosive growth in 2014 with more than 17,500 boys and girls participating on 1,425 teams across the United States. This year, nearly 30,000 kids are involved with the program.
PGA Junior League Golf is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and play the game of golf. Kids learn the game with their friends under professional instruction and direction of PGA/LPGA Professionals (team captains), while parents also play an active role. Participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams in a popular scramble format.
The below facilities are hosting PGA Junior League Golf teams in greater Fort Wayne this season:
· Brookwood Golf Club (Fort Wayne)
· Canterbury Green Golf Course (Fort Wayne)
· Chestnut Hills Golf Course (Fort Wayne)
· Fort Wayne Country Club (Fort Wayne)
· Pine Valley Country Club (Fort Wayne)
· Sycamore Hills Golf Club (Fort Wayne)
· Glendarin Hills Golf Club (Angola)
· Bridgewater Golf Club (Auburn)
· Tippecanoe Lake Country Club (Leesburg)
· Meshingomesia Golf & Social Club (Marion)
· Whispering Creek Golf Club (New Haven)
· Raccoon Run Golf Course (Warsaw)
³PGA Junior League Golf offers boys and girls the opportunity to learn and play a game they can enjoy for a lifetime in a fun, team format they¹re comfortable and familiar with,² said Scott Kmiec, Senior Director of PGA REACH, PGA of America. ³Thanks to PGA/LPGA Professionals leading kids and parents¹ active role in the program, PGA Junior League Golf has experienced incredible growth across the country.²
The 2015 PGA Junior League Golf Championship will be held during PGA Grand Slam of Golf week at Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles Oct. 17-19. Rory McIlroy is an Official Ambassador for PGA Junior League Golf, and Michelle Wie was recently named an Official Ambassador during the KPMG Women¹s PGA Championship June 9.
PGA Junior League Golf is the key youth program of PGA REACH, the charitable arm of the PGA of America. Visit PGAJLG.com for more information.