Area families are invited to participate in Behind the Screen, the Embassy Theatre’s summer program for children entering grades 1-5, on Wed., June 17, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tickets are $6 each and go on sale Friday, May 8. Tickets can be purchased through ticketmaster.com, charge-by-phone 800.745.3000 or buy in person at the Embassy box office. For groups of 10 or more, call the Embassy box office for discount and reservations, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Behind the Screen activities include:
· See two vintage silent movies, The Little Rascals and Behind the Screen with live accompaniment by the Grande Page pipe organ.
· Watch the stage crew remove the movie screen and put the organ into storage.
· Enjoy free popcorn.
· Follow an experienced guide on a tour of the historic theater.
· Participate in creative projects such as:
o Doing a scavenger hunt
o Playing Embassy Jeopardy
o Creating a paper mosaic in the style of the Italian mosaic lobby floor
o Making a rubbing of textured Italian tiles in the Indiana Hotel Lobby
o Learning to draw one of the architectural features of the theater
Behind the Screen timeline:
9:30 – 11 a.m.
· Viewing of two short silent comedies listed above
· Grande Page pipe organ accompaniment by house organist Cletus Goens
· Brief history and tour of the Embassy Theatre
· Stay and watch stagehands take down organ and screen
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Backstage group tours
· 16 creative activity stations
After the event, attendees will receive a free frozen Fruit and Veggie bar courtesy of Edy’s Ice Cream while supplies last.